Back to understanding what “Live” means – Forward to
There are several ways to create a viewing for a property in BDP:
- Click in the calendar and select Viewing from the appointment type
- In the property record, click New Viewing in the Tools menu on the left (or click the “eye” icon in the top icon bar)
- In the applicant record, click New Viewing in the Tools menu on the left (or click the “eye” icon in the top icon bar)
Using the calendar to make a new viewing appointment
- Click anywhere within the calendar (in blank space, not on an existing appointment)
- The slide-out panel will appear. Select the person to conduct the viewing or enter their details if “other”.
- Enter the property address. Type the first three characters of the road/street name and wait for BDP to bring up a property match. Do NOT manually type the complete address unless you wish to add this as a new property.
- Enter the first letters of either the first name or surname of the applicant and wait for BDP to do an applicant match. If the applicant is not in the database you can fill out all fields and they will be added.
- Check the time/date of the viewing.
- Complete all other fields as required.
- The viewing will NOT BE CONFIRMED so will not send out any automated correspondence. It will also appear as opaque in the calendar.
- Confirm the viewing by either opening it again from the calendar and clicking the “Save and confirm” button or locating the viewing in the Viewings widget or Viewings tab and clicking the calendar icon so that it turns green.
Create a new viewing from the property record
- In the Tools menu to the left, click New Viewing.
- Select the viewing contact. When creating a viewing from the property record you will also see the vendor available as an option.
- Follow the same procedure as above, however the property address will already be completed for you.
- Confirm the viewing in the same way as above.
Create a new viewing from the applicant record
- Follow the exact same procedure as above, however this time the Applicant details will be filled in for you and you will need to complete the property address. Use the type-ahead feature by typing the first letters of the street name and BDP will match properties for you.