We have a number of example templates to help you get started. Please download the ones you want, modify as you see fit and use the file upload function in the BDP templates widget, or upload to a server of your choice.
N.B. If you prefer to host the templates yourself, so long as you tell BDP the full path to the file (including the http:// or https://) it will be picked up. Alternatively we are able to host the files for you on our Clients server. Please email them to us for uploading.
The default footer template contains placeholders that call in colours from your corporate palette as defined in the BDP Branding section. They also call in your company logo if you have uploaded one. You are free to remove these placeholders and insert hard-coded colour values and the full path to your logo if you wish.
In order to simplify the templates as far as possible, BDP will read a plain text file and render it as HTML.
- Footer code – This contains your firm logo, address and email link. These elements are set under Branding in the Configuration menu. You may take any of these elements and put them in a header if you prefer.
- Closing date notice – For sending to the vendor (seller) to let them know that a closing date has been set.
- Formal Note of Interest – For sending to the vendor to notify them of receipt of a formal note of interest. NOTE: To filter formal from informal notes of interest, enter “action.isFormal” into the Rule Boolean box. Conversely use “!action.isFormal” for only informal Notes of Interest.
- Viewing confirmation – For sending to the vendor to confirm a viewing appointment. Contains the applicant’s contact details – please remove if you don’t want the vendor knowing these.
- Change of price – Contains an image of the property and link to it, as well as details of the price change.
- Feedback request – Simple email to ask for feedback following a viewing
- Response to Applicant enquiry – In response to an enquiry about a property. Change the phone number in this template and attach the schedule.
- Confirmation of viewing – Contains confirmation of date and time of the viewing and Boolean to insert the details of the viewing contact depending on who it is.
- Closing date set – Notifies staff internally of a closing date.
- Change of price – This example contains full HTML because it has a rich layout with an image of the property to the left and details of the negotiator, solicitor, etc. dealing with the sale to the right. A non-HTML version is provided below.
- Change of price – This is a non-HTML version of the above template, but still contains an image of the property and details of the negotiator, solicitor, etc. dealing with the sale to the right.
- Valuation calendar appointment – For use with the Calendar appointment action type. Sends an Outlook-compatible calendar appointment containing date and time of appointment, address, contact details and notes.
- Viewing calendar appointment – For use with the Calendar appointment action type. Sends an Outlook-compatible calendar appointment containing date and time of appointment, address, contact details and notes.
- Blank with preamble – Just a header and footer include and the Preamble placeholder. This is recommended for manual, non-rule emails so you can type in free text.
- Closing date applicant solicitor – Notice of the closing date to the applicant’s solicitor who has submitted a formal note of interest.
- Closing date applicant – This template uses Boolean to determine whether the Applicant has submitted an informal note of interest, or whether they have simply had a viewing or requested information, and it delivers the appropriate message.
- Formal NOI solicitor – When an applicant’s solicitor submits a formal note of interest, use this template to acknowledge receipt. It is designed to have the schedule and home report attached.
- Viewing confirmation to viewing agent – Sends the viewing agent full details of the location, date and time of the viewing and the applicant details.
- Viewing request from your website – If you are using the ReST API you can include an applicant viewing request form. This adds the applicant details to BDP, however to receive a notice directly you need to set up a rule.
The Home Report and brochure can be attached to any email by adding the following to the “Email attachments” field in the rule:
To add individually-created documents, add the document reference ID which can be found by hovering over the edit icon of the document concerned in the Document Templates widget.